Oil spill

I've got an old post regarding "oil economy" (please click here) and as you can see, I am condemning this product that is continually hurting our planet.

I wasn't surprised about the oil spill brought about by the explosion of Deepwater Horizon oil rig. It's a situation that might happen anywhere where oil rigs exist (every oil rigs are disasters waiting to happen!). Much more with it's effect to the environment specifically to the natural habitat of living organism that are directly affected by the oil spill. I hope all are aware that in case the oil spill won't be contained in the soonest time possible, it might cause an irreversible damage.

Here's another likely scenario that I guess, is haven't seen yet by the US and BP (I only guess): what if the oil spill and the extent of damage will reach other countries territorial waters? So who shall be liable?! the US or BP?

Photo courtesy of wikipedia.org

No comments:

Post a Comment