PCLinuxOS delivers where others failed

This is a follow-up post to "A real-distro-hopper-stopper".

One of the reasons why I said PCLinuxOS is "A real distro-hopper-stopper is its ability to auto detect your devices. I have read elsewhere that mostly, only branded tvturner cards can work with linux. To my surprise, this is not the case with tvtime, the native tvturner software in PCLinuxOS and I guess it is available out-of-the-box on every versions of PCLOS (excellent job guys!).

This software (tvtime) is so easy to use. Just right click on it and a menu will pop out for you to select a task. To get your tvturner working, simply click on "channel management" then "scan for signal" and start watching your favorite tv show!

I need to install at least three things to get my tvturner card running on windows (driver, media center & remote utility). Got no luck running it on other linux distros either. :(

As I said, PCLinuxOS is "a real distro-hopper-stopper". Do you think I got the reason to say so?? Try running it to check it yourself!

You can safely check tvtime out by getting your Live copy of PCLinuxOS from this mirrors.

2 comments:

  1. It would have been helpful if you could have told us more about your TV card - what make is it? What model? Then we might know if ours would work, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plus TV Analog Lite PCI (PVR-TV 7134SE) to be exact. What make is yours?

    ReplyDelete